Sunday, October 18, 2015

Celtic Cross Reading

I practiced a Celtic Cross reading on my mother. I had her pick the cards she wanted randomly from the deck. I referenced the book and the Celtic Cross position explanations on pages 300-301. The card she picked for her Inner was the Queen of Wands Reversed, which I interpreted as my mother being to hard on herself and doubting her thoughts and actions lately. (I have also been struggling lately with the way my mother is going about certain things and maybe she subconsciously realizes this as well.) The card she pulled for Outer was the King of Pentacles. My mother has been stressing about finances lately and her it is. My dad has been pushing her to try and sell our house but she really has no interest and does not want to invest in a multi-family like he does. She picked the Ten of swords reversed for the Past position. My mom has often acted as if she has no control over situations and that she is defeated in every conflict she is presented with. I feel as though the reversed symbolizes her slowly getting back on her feet after the death of my grandfather. The Recent Influences position held the Ace of Swords. This could represent her and my father just a few months ago writing out all of their expenses in an itemized list and keeping track of them better. The Higher-Self Advice position held the Tower. Her higher self could be telling her to let go a little and enjoy herself rather than constantly worrying about money. Her Near Future card was the Eight of Swords. If she continues to hold her emotions like this she will continue to limit herself and her happiness and only sabotaging her own future. Her Self-Image card was the Hermit reversed. This definitely exemplifies her feelings of being alone and over-thinking all of her emotions that come with her stress. The Environment position held the Five of Wands reversed. Her and my dad are always fighting with one another over something. This is the environment that have encapsulated themselves as well as me and my sisters in. It is just a breeding ground for negative energy. The Hopes and Fears position held the King of Cups reversed. Again the fear of my mom feeling overwhelmed and having no control over anything. The last position, the Possible Outcome space had Seven of cups reversed. If my mom continues to hold her self restricted and let her irrational emotions and thoughts rule her life then she will continue denying herself any happiness and enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment